Welcome to PortfolioThought, the goal here is to build a great investment community where we can discuss anything relevant to the topic of finance. As I have noticed recently many people want to invest but don’t know how and where to start. Since there are plenty of great and amazing resources out there we will not be building this site to compete with their rich in detail content, instead because we know that most people simply don’t have the time to go through all the resources and ed we will be summarizing all topics related to investing and discussing them in detail through the forums. From simple stock picking strategies to retirement planning strategies and much more. Our aim is to simply explain all that there is to know by fully understanding the concepts. This is why there will be a forum section to discuss ideas, theories, questions, and strategies. We will try to bring all the amazing resources from all over the web into one source.
A few house rules to keep in mind when diving into this. (we know, we hate rules too)
1. This is not a get rich quick route, and it doesn’t matter how much you start out with as long as your heading in the right direction.
2. Although there are plenty of resources and we are here to simplify the complex world of investing this is not a walk in the park.
3. Risk always equals reward (to some degree anyway) so before you take your life savings and pick your first investment, the general rule is to never put any amount of money that you are not willing to lose on any investment. If there is a reward there will be a risk.
4. We are not here to give investment advice, all ideas discussed are solely ideas and not advice or recommendations.
5. Keep an open mind and remember that no matter how much time you invest in educating yourself you will never be 100% right.
6. We’re not here to be perfect, or to know it all, so let’s respect everyone’s questions, ideas, and opinions.
7. The only politics discussed will only be that in which relates to investing from an economic, policy making perspective and so on.
8. The development of this site will take time and we love new ideas. (We have big dreams of where to take this)
8. Simply Have Fun
Disclaimer: This website provides information about the stock market and other investments. This website does not provide investment advice and should not be used as a replacement for investment advice from a qualified professional. This website is for informational purposes only. The Author of this website is not a registered investment advisor and does not offer investment advice. You, the reader, bear responsibility for your own investment decisions and should seek the advice of a qualified securities professional before making any investment.